AUDITION REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
Jazz Audition requirements for Junior Level (Transfer) brass, woodwind, guitar, bass and vibraphone players
- Prepare and perform two pieces in contrasting tempos, keys, and styles from the Junior Level Repertoire List.
- Accurately perform the themes of the pieces he or she selects, and improvise on those pieces.
- Sight read various excerpts from jazz band repertoire.
- Sight read and improvise over a set of chord changes.
- Perform the following scales in all keys, one and a half or two octaves (as determined by instrument range), in eight notes with the quarter note tempo at 100-120.
- a) Melodic Minor Mode (jazz form)
- b) Harmonic Minor Mode
- c) Lydian Mode
- d) Lydian Dominant Mode (a.k.a. Lydian flat 7)
Jazz faculty will provide piano accompaniment. Please have copies of your music, in lead sheet form, available for them in concert key.