AUDITION REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
Jazz Audition requirements for entering freshmen who play brass instruments, woodwind instruments, guitar, bass or vibraphone
- Perform two pieces in contrasting tempos, keys and styles from the Freshman Repertoire List.
- Auditioning student will be expected to accurately perform the themes of the pieces he or she selects, and to improvise on those pieces.
- Sight read various excerpts from jazz band repertoire.
- Sight read and improvise over a set of chord changes.
- Perform major scales in all keys in eighth notes, (one and a half or two octaves as determined by instrument range), at a tempo of quarter note equals 100-120.
Jazz faculty will provide piano accompaniment. Please have copies of your music in lead sheet form available for them in concert key.